Our passion for discovering, pairing and sharing wine began over 16 years ago at Divino, our Italian trattoria in Houston’s Montrose District. In addition to our restaurant wine program, we created an innovative retail program with pop-up wine sales, producer tastings, wine dinners and cellar sourcing—all based on the idea that the best way to sell wine is to allow customers to taste before they buy. The popularity of these programs prompted the conception of Vinology.
Vinology bottle shop + tasting bar is Houston’s first true Euopean style enoteca – equal parts wine shop, wine bar and educational venue – offering an immersive wine experience in a convivial atmosphere. Guests can explore and discover new wines in a number of ways:
- 6 weekly wine flights at our tasting bar
- Coravin tastings of collectible vintages & rare, allocated wines
- Weekly wine seminars and focused tastings led by producers and industry professionals
- By appointment consultations for cellar building and event planning
- Special private events in our Tasting Room
Our sommeliers are delighted to share their latest discoveries and guide you to a bottle to suit your tastes. We carry over 300 wines from around the world, mostly from small, family-owned wineries producing limited production wines with soul and a sense of place .
Patrick, Thomas & the Vinology Team